We're hiring - Full Stack Laravel Developer18 Jan 2022
BikeRegister, the UK's National Cycle Database, is looking for a full stack developer on our Web Development team. As part of the team, you will contribute to various web applications across a variety of frontend and backend disciplines. The ideal candidate has at least 2-7 years of experience working as part of a team on small, medium and large-scale applications.
• Maintaining a Kubernetes deployment on AWS
• Build new features and enhancements to all applications as required.
Additional Skills and Experience
• Building web applications with Laravel and PHP.
• Experience building and interacting with RESTful APIs.
• Experience building multi-lingual applications.
• Building responsive web interfaces with a mobile-first mentality.
• Managing source code using Git (GitHub & GitLab).
• Experience with Docker and building images.
• Experience with vulnerability management and security hardening (OWASP Top 10 and secure code development)
• Experience or knowledge of how pull requests work in a team environment.
• Comfortable with Linux and the command line.
• Refactoring Expression Engine applications into Laraval applications.
• Experience with managing AWS (EC2, RDS, SES)
• Knowledgeable about Composer, NPM, and package management procedures.
• Comfortable with the concepts and creation of automated tests (TDD, integration testing, etc.)
• Able to build intuitive user interfaces when given design direction.
• Practical experience with HTML5 and CSS3.
• Comfortable using CSS pre-processors (SASS, SCSS, Less).
Nice to Have
• Experience with managing Big Data (R Studio, Python).
• Maintain and extend existing Android mobile applications written in Kotlin/Java
• Experience with Prometheus / Grafana monitoring
• Knowledge of OpenVPN and network management (port forwarding, static routing).
• Computer Science Bachelors and or Masters
• Professional training allowance available
• You must live in London/South-East to be considered for this role.
• You must have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision.
Right to work in the UK
• All applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK
• All applicants will be subject to basic security vetting
• Hybrid work model so applicant must be based in London and or South East.
• This is a full-time contract starting immediately. Remuneration is dependent on web development experience, skill sand education. Approx. range £30-60k.
• Company pension
• 23 holidays per year
How to Apply and Submission Deadline
• All applicants should submit their CV and covering note to [email protected]
• Deadline for all applications is Monday, 31 January 2022. Early submissions will be looked at more favourably.
Get in touch[email protected]
Join us on
1 Locks Court
429 Crofton Road
Kent BR6 8NL