1. We act as the Controller in respect of your personal data. However, the nature of the data we gather and process means that there may be other organisations who act as controllers. If that is the case, they may also provide you with a notice about how they handle your personal data.
2. Our contact details are:
Selectamark Security Systems plc t/a BikeRegister
1 Locks Court
429 Crofton Road
Registered in England No. 1024280
VAT Registration No. GB 512 8043 77
ICO registration number Z5102460
The websites www.bikeregister.com; www.selectamark.co.uk; www.selectadna.co.uk; www.selectadna.com; and www.secureassetregister.com, ("the websites") are all operated by Selectamark Security Systems plc.
3. In this notice we use the word "asset" to refer to an item which you have chosen to register with us for the purposes of recording its ownership.
If you have any queries about the meaning or use of any other terms in this notice, please do not hesitate to contact us for explanation or further information.
4. We collect personal data from visitors to the websites through the use of on-line forms, when you create an account to register your asset, if you wish to make a purchase and every time you email us your details or make an enquiry. You may visit the websites without registering or creating an account, however, if you choose not to create an account you may not be able to use the websites to their fullest extent. For example, you will be unable to register your asset.
We are also sometimes passed your personal data by partner organisations, such as police and other public authorities, who have provided you with a BikeRegister kit or SelectaDNA kit and to whom you have provided your details. You may have received a shortened version of this privacy notice on a card or similar medium when you provided those details.
We collect various types of personal data. For example, we will ask you for information such as your name, address and email address so that you can register with the websites to protect your asset. You may also choose to provide additional information such as details of the asset that you are protecting.
If you wish to create an account in order to make purchases from the websites you must provide us with personal information, including credit/debit card information. We may also keep a record of the products you have purchased from the websites.
Alternatively you may register a BikeRegister kit or SelectaDNA kit or provide further information about your protected assets via the registration forms found in our asset marking kits or via our network of partner companies that sell our products throughout the world.
5. The legal basis for processing your personal data:
When you create an account with us or an account is created for you via the website to register your asset, or register a BikeRegister kit or SelectaDNA kit we process your personal data on the basis that you have consented to us doing so.
When you make a purchase from the website we process your personal data on the basis that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
We process information about your visit to the website on the basis that the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (namely, to ensure the effective operation of our website and to gain valuable insight into the user experience).
6. We do not sell or share your personal data, and we would only disclose it to comply with a legal requirement or request from a competent court, government body, regulator, law enforcement agency or other authority; to successors in title to our business; to suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf, for example to despatch and deliver the product(s) you have purchased from the website.
7. We do not propose to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
8. The personal data will be retained for only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. However, please note that, unless you inform us otherwise, assets registered with us, and the personal data associated with them will be kept until you inform us that they should not be retained.
9. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability. If you have any queries about these rights please contact us, or consult the Information Commissioner's Office website (see 11. below)
10. If we are relying on your consent to process data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us.
11. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about the manner in which or otherwise in respect of the manner in which we process your personal data. The Commissioner's website is at ww.ico.org.uk.
12. Your provision of personal data to us is not a contractual or legal requirement, except where you are making a purchase via the website. If you do not supply your personal data to us, however, you will not be able to register an account or an asset.
1 Locks Court
429 Crofton Road
Kent BR6 8NL
Get in touch[email protected]
Join us on